We are back to start another exciting round of ROW80! To kick us off, we are having another Twitter Party gathering. Here is Barbara McDowell to take over the blog and share the details.
Once again, it is party time! On April 4, the #ROW80 hashtag is going to kick it up old-school and hold a 24-hour celebration for:
- All the participants who just finished Round One of ROW80.
- Anyone who plans to post their goals and dive into Round Two.
- The amazing people who supported the ROW80 writers throughout the year.
- Theme: “Throwback Party”
Oh yes, we are going WAY back. This party is a celebration of generations, music, and fashions. We want you to come on Wednesday ready to kick it like you used to “back in the day.” All outfits are welcome, my co-host Lena Corazon is stirring up some wicked cocktails to last all night, and I’m morphing into DJ Barbara to spin a playlist for all decades.
- Date: April 4, 12:01 AM to 11:59 PM EST in the U.S.
This will also be the first day of Round Two check-in so there should be a bevy of ROW80 peeps and friends wandering around the blogosphere.
- Why: For the ROW80 celebration of Round One, a kick-off party for Round Two, and a get down groovy time for all supporters. Don’t be shy. Anyone can participate in this Twitter party whether it is just popping by to say hello or being the last one dancing at 11:59 pm.
- Where: The party will be held at the #ROW80 hashtag.
Include that in your Tweet and join in! What is a Twitter party? This is where we all stop in to the #ROW80 hashtag all day long and play and party together—sharing news, pictures, music, and merriment. It’s going to be a great time! Please promote it as much as you can between now and then.
- Blog with Photos Competition: From April 2 to April 8, we want you to keep the party going and post some “Throwback Party” ROW80 celebrations. This can be separate posts or part of your check-ins this week. Just make sure to include some pics that reflect the theme and let your party monster rage. Whatever you want to do to work this into your post, go for it. We trust you are a creative bunch. Then, we’ll review them and decide on the best to spotlight in a post.
To enter the Blog with Photos Competition:
- Create a blog post that reflects the “Throwback Party” theme.
- Creativity is a plus as are great pictures. We know there are some folks holding a treasure of pics showing them in their glory with bell-bottom, platform shoes, biker, poodle skirts, and tie-dyed ponchos.
- Lena and I will look at the comments on our ROW80 blogs for recommendations of top picks as well as review them all for inclusion of top picks/faves in a mashup and for your vote.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link for the blog competition and view this Linky Tools list of other ROW80 partiers!
Thanks, Barbara! Y’all, this should be TONS of fun and a GREAT way to spread the word about A Round of Word in 80 Days. I encourage you all to JOIN THE PARTY!