A Round of Words in 80 Days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life.
We are all different and we all have different demands on our time. Why should we all have the same goal? The simple answer is that we shouldn’t. If you want to be a writer, then you have to be able to roll with the punches and adapt to your changing circumstances. If that means changing your goals when your life blows up, so be it. ROW80 is the challenge that champions the marriage of writing and real life. For more on why I started it, see this post.
So here’s the skinny:
- We have 4 rounds a year, each running 80 days.
- Your goal can be anything you like as long as it is measurable (e.g. number of words/pages, specified amount of time to spend on writing per day/week, number of pages edited, etc.–for more on what makes a measurable goal, see this post).
- Once you have settled on a goal, you write it up on your blog (yes, you must have one) and link to it on the Goals Post in our Facebook Group.
- If your goal changes before the end of the 80 days, simply write up a new goals post and link to it on the latest check-in day post in our Facebook Group.
- We have check-ins twice a week on Wednesday and Sundays where you will update us the same way (e.g. write up a blog post of your progress and link to it on that day’s FB Post).
- On Twitter we use a hashtag of #ROW80 if you wanna come hang out, but the most action is on Facebook, you can find that here.
- And if you happen to find us after a round has begun, just write up your goals post and hop on in whenever. We’re a friendly bunch.
- Be sure to grab the ROW80 badge from the sidebar on the ROW80 Blog (right click, save image location, then chuck it in your blog’s image widget or grab some basic image html and use a text widget).